What is Telehealth?
Online therapy, also known as telemental health, is a growing field. A therapist or counselor provides psychological counseling and support over the internet through email, video conferencing, online chat, or a phone call.
What are benefits associated to Telehealth?
- Expanded access for clients in geographical regions with limited access to mental health professionals.
- Saves time since clients can access services from the location most convenient instead of driving to the provider's office.
- Shortens the delay in obtaining services due to added flexiblity in therapist scheduling.
- Eases stigma associated to seeking mental health services due to increased privacy.
- Research supported outcomes demonstrate audio-visual telehealth sessions are highly effective.